Rue Montoyer 24/20
B - 1000 Brussels
T: +32 2 556 25 86
F: +32 2 287 08 75
The activities of WEI are based around wood preservatives, environmental and technical issues plus the marketing of finished wood products.
- Provides technical, commercial and legal advice to its members;
- Closely follows and contributes to European and national legislation affecting the production and use of pressure treated timber;
- Develops quality standards for wood preservatives and treated timber and is heavily involved in the work of CEN, the European Committee for Standardisation;
- Is involved in European R&D projects;
- Serves as a focal point for consultation within and between the European wood preservation industries;
- Produces a bimonthly newsletter and technical documents;
- Organises technical meetings and congresses.